Who is FunToSee™?
Who are the people behind the brand?
FunToSee™ was created by Rachel Sellers and Louise Dutton.
Why did they start FunToSee?
Hand painting is an expensive option, stenciling fussy and permanent. Stickers, particularly re-stickable and cleanly removable have become an attractive solution. FunToSee™ wanted to offer parents something different, on a scale not previously seen, but remain user friendly and cost effective. Louise, formerly a graphic designer, first created giant, undersea images on industrial, self-adhesive vinyl to decorate her own baby’s nursery. Rachel, formerly a teacher and Editor of children’s magazines, thought it was a brilliant idea and immediately saw the commercial potential – “Parents and children would love it!” and began market research.
This research identified a market that had much greater possibilities beyond nurseries – bedroom, playroom, bathrooms, crèches, clubs, schools, hospitals. In fact, any room used by children between 0-10 years.
When did FunToSee launch?
FunToSee™ launched their Room Make-Over Kits in ‘Kidsworld’ - Selfridges children’s department, in June 2002.
Since launch Rachel and Louise have built the business into an organisation directly employing 12 staff and indirectly employing 20 people through agency and service agreements with partner firms.
Have FunToSee won any awards?
Yes, FunToSee™ have received many accolades since launch including;
- Semi-Finalists in the 2003 HSBC ‘Business Stars’ Award
- Winner of Five Stars for ‘Child Appeal’ in Nursery Education’s Tried and Tested feature
- Finalists in the 2005 Kind und Jugend ‘Innovation Award’, Cologne, Germany
- Winner of the ‘Right Start’ Best Toy Award 2005, Nursery Accessory category
- Winner of the New Exporter of the Year for Surrey and Sussex at the UK Trade & Investment Awards
- Winner of the title, ‘Highly Recommended,’ in Gift of the Year Awards, 2006 and 2007
- Finalist in the 2007 Licensing Awards, Best Home Décor and Bedding Range
- Silver – Practical Pre-school Awards 2007
- Gold – Practical Pre-School Awards 2008
- Silver – Practical Pre-School Awards 2008
- Shortlisted 2008 – Gift of the Year Awards
- Shortlisted 2009 – Gift of the Year Awards
- Shortlisted Kind und Jugend Innovation Awards 2009, Germany
- Shortlisted JPMA Innovation Awards 2009, USA
- Finalist - Practical Parenting Awards 2009, Uppercase Alphabet stickers
- Gold Practical Pre-School Awards 2009, Funberry Farm
- Merit Practical Parenting Awards 2009. Uppercase Alphabet stickers
Where is FunToSee™ located?
FunToSee™ Ltd is located in East Sussex, UK production is based in the UK which allows easy access for quality control and excellent lead times for print runs. For custom solutions, FunToSee ™ have print capability and warehousing in the US.
What’s in a Room Makeover Kit?
Each Room Makeover Kit contains up to 96 stickers of all shapes and sizes, with some images up to two metres tall! They’re suitable for walls and furniture. They can be applied quickly and easily with no need for glue, and can be peeled off without leaving a trace. These splash proof and washable stickers make an ideal backdrop for children’s bedrooms, crèches, plays, story times and book corners.
What other products do FunToSee™ manufacture:
FunToSee™ continues to expand with the launch of their imaginative new Themed Room stickers – Aliens, Pirates, Dinosaurs and Polly Patch Flowers available now! Other products available from FunToSee™ include Mini Wall Art, a Really Useful range of Stick-a-Frames and Stick-a-Pics used to affix children’s paintings and drawings to walls.